6 Things You Should Do When Buying Property
- Research: whether it’s an investment property or a future family home, try not to get emotionally invested too quickly. It’s important to research into the neighbourhood, growth potential and infrastructure, with these factors in mind you will be able to make a more informed decision.
- Affordability: there’s no point searching for a waterfront mansion when you can only afford the boathouse. Spend some time looking at your finances to determine your price range, and then locate the suburbs that have prices within this range. It will save you a lot of leg work!
- Pest & Building: before you buy it’s important to carry out checks on the property or mortgage to make sure it is sound and there are no major defects. Make sure your inspector is qualified to do so, such as a licenced builder, architect or surveyor.
- Be cautious but respectful when dealing with the selling agent. Remember that the real estate agent is acting on behalf of the vendor, do not believe everything that the agent is telling you. However it’s important not to lose your cool with the agent because if you annoy them they are very unlikely to continue business with you.
- Finances: Make sure your finances are in order, in short if you haven’t organised your finance approval you could waste time searching for properties that are outside your budget.
- Negotiation: once you have found a property that you are interests you, you can make an offer to the vendor or their agent. Sometimes your offer can be agreed upon a conditional offer which means that you will have a “cooling off” period which will allow you to obtain your formal finance approval plus pest and building inspections. Note: any faults found in the pest and building inspection may give you bargaining power to negotiate the price.
"I would like to Thankyou and your staff very much over the last few months. The ladies have been pretty good dealing with the Commonwealth Bank and getting back to me, as it has been very frustrating at times and they have calmed me down. I have sent an email ..."− From: Stella Miliatis
"Hahaha!! They are just the best to deal with. I am so glad I was given your companies number!With Thanks Angel Evans Customer Service "− From: Angel Evans
"Tony and Anna, Cathryn and I would like to pass on our sincere thanks for all of your help during the process of purchasing our first home. From the start of our dealings, the first phone call that I received from Tony, I felt comfortable in dealing with you as the manner .."− From: Leslie Elms
"Dear Tony Forgot to say thank you for the gift that you sent us. the timing was spot on as we had just moved in physically on the day We seemed to have fit the essentials into to our finances so thankfully we won't need to think about a further loan. Thank you ..."− From: Simon Airey
"Thanks for all you help with this, Anna – we’re really pleased! Warm regards, Elisabeth "− From: Elisabeth Crawford
"Hi Barbara, Tony, Taryn and Kylie We had a lovely hamper arrive on our doorstep today! What a nice surprise – and a lovely gesture. Love it – can’t wait to test out the champagne and choccies. Thank you for the gift – pleasure doing business with you guys – will ..."− From: Sharon and Darren Quandt
"I spoke to Tony Bice ( mortgage consultant) about getting a mortgage for my new home as I was having trouble securing a loan due to my break up of my marriage. I was referred to CLS Investment Services by a friend. It was the best phone call I have ..."− From: Suzanne Allen
"We cant tell you enough how happy we are to have dealt with you and your staff, Especially Lyndall . Thank you so much Extremely happy customer Kerry and Gary Foulis. "− From: Kerry and Gary Foulis
"G'day Tony, Good to talk to you yesterday and thanks for your help with the new House. Tarryn, Lyndal and yourself have been a pleasure to deal with. Can you please fire through the breakdown of weekly cost for each of the four areas you outline below and which institution they would be with. ..."− From: Neil Masters
"Dear Tony Thank you for your time today on the phone and the detailed discussion of our home loan status. Further to our conversation, Tim & I would like to pass on our congratulations to Barbara Mourga, on her extremely timely and professional help with our particular 'scenario'. We have bought (& ..."− From: Melissa & Tim
"Hi Tony I just wanted to thank you very much for all your help...I picked up the keys this afternoon, very happy I have my own home! Kind Regards Christine Smits"− From: Christine Smits
"Hi Tony After much thought we've decided that we're better off selling the flat as we wouldnt be able to keep it and buy another place so rather than keep putting money into something we're going to sell in 12 months, best to do it now and add to the equity ..."− From: Bridie Read
"Hi Tony and team, Although belated, (I have been absent for the past 3 weeks) I would like to pass on our gratitude for the assistance you have provided with the purchace of our home. The gift basket was a lovely touch, and indicative of the personal customer service we have ..."− From: Brad Pearson
"Hi there I know this has come a little late but we wanted to thank everyone there so much for all of the help you were able to offer us during our home purchase. We are loving our new home and were really thrilled that everything worked out ok with the ..."− From: Avril and Mike
"Haha! Hmmm, marginally better, I certainly feel reassured that we technically only have one last hurdle to jump. Seeing the words 'not a guarantee' only gave me slight reason to stress :) You've been wonderful, I really appreciate your patience and understanding. Not many people would be prepared to put up ."− From: Kelly Pearson
"Hi Tony, My apologies for not getting back to you earlier this week as promissed. Danijela and I went through the life insurance documents and we realised that we need to have a proper chat with either yourself or Lyndal again regarding this matter. We made a list of questions that we need some ..."− From: Serg and Daniella
"Dear Tony, Lyndal and Anna, Dane and I got home from work yesterday to find a little hamper from you, that was a lovely surprise - thank you so much! Thank you to your team for finding us a great homeloan and also sorting out our insurance. Your team has been excellent ..."− From: Rhianna Murray
"Hi Stress Attack... How is your heart beat now? So happy to hear some good news for you... I was quietly confident.... but we dont cheer until it is in writing. Still have to wait for a good val in SA – great news they aren’t doing a val on NSW – shows ..."− From: Barb email@example.com
"Hi Tony and Taryn I received today a lovely congratulatory gift from both of you, which I thank you both for very much. Your excellence in professionalism, communication and assistance all the way through, with Taryn continually keeping me posted, alleviating my anxiety, and assisting to ensure that all was done in possibly one ..."− From: Cheryl Bigini
"Thanks Tony, I appreciate all your help. J You have been fantastic, not sure what we would do without your help & advice. Kara Spokes | Sales Manager Retail | Home Magazine "− From: Kara
"Hi Tony I really sorry I haven't written sooner but Ive been flat out working and renovating I haven't had time to scratch myself.I just wanted to say I really appreciate everything lyndal, anna and yourself did in regards to my loan and my finance protection. i was extremely happy with the service you provided "− From: Michael Richards